Sunday 14 October 2012

A Country of Colours

Hola girls!

L.o.v.i.n.g. L.i.f.e.

There's just something about October.. Diwali is almost around the corner, the weather is getting better, the days shorter, card parties have started and work is lighter. It's without a doubt my favourite time of the year.

India as we know, is a country of festivals. We have a major festival almost every two months- I guess we just need an excuse to celebrate. But as this year's Diwali season is setting in, it's making me realize that more than anything else we all love colour. We are not the ones to wear blacks, greys or browns for a prolonged period of time. It just doesn't work for us. We need a red or a pink or a bright blue to make us feel churpy.

Even if you walk down a road, you will mostly see women wearing a red saree, or a pink suit or a purple top with jeans. The latest trend being- the red lipstick to perk up any outfit. Sometimes I actually wish I could sport red lipstick to work, haha, but boo-hoo that's a big no-no. You don't want people to think you're here to party and not work.

My point being: don't make your corporate wardrobe drab by just wearing blacks and greys to work. Agreed, they are the basic essentials one must possess, but make sure to team them up with a bright pink shirt or a yellow scarf or a big blue bag. 

My future posts will contain details of specific colours and how to carry them off. But, I also thought I'd share the following pictures I found on google just to make us all remember that we live in "A Country of Colours":






































To conclude: Don't hide that Indian inside you at work. :D



xox
CGC

No comments:

Post a Comment